Come volunteer for an hour, a day or a season! Whatever time you have or skills you bring, the Friends of Bon Echo Park has a role for you!
The Roles of A Board Member
- Determining FOBE's mission and purpose.
- Supporting and evaluating the Executive Director with the goals of the organization in mind.
- Ensuring effective organizational planning.
- Determining which programs are consistent with its mission and monitoring the effectiveness of these programs.
- Assisting in the development of the organization’s annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
- Defining prerequisites for potential new board members, orienting these new members, and periodically evaluating performance.
- Adhering to legal and ethical standards and norms.
- Clearly defining and articulating the organization’s mission, accomplishments and goals to gain support from the community and enhancing the organization’s public image.
- In consultation with Park staff, determining which priorities and projects to support.
If you are interested or want more information, please contact us at 613 336-0830 or firstname.lastname@example.org